PTA — Heene Helping Hands
(Reg. Charity No. 1065053)
Heene Helping Hands is the school fundraising group and has been a registered charity since 1997. It is formed of parents, carers and teachers who aim to foster a sense of school community and organise fundraising events.
At the moment we run three fairs a year at Christmas, Easter and in the summer.
With funds raised over the last few years we have contributed to many non-curriculum needs for the school such as:
- The subsidy of all school trips;
- The leavers end of year disco;
- New staging for school performances;
- Mini greenhouses for the gardening club;
- Picnic tables for outside dining;
- Activity panels in the playground and playground markings;
- We contributed towards the new climbing frame in the playground;
- We supported the financing of ‘Health Eating Week’ in 2014;
- We paid for the company ‘Cuddle Me Do’ to bring farm animals to school for the children to meet and learn about.
In the future the committee would also like to see new fundraising initiatives implemented such as quiz nights, family discos, children’s cinema, sponsored events, holistic days: the list is endless, but there is lots of fun ahead and lots of money to raise!
If you are interested in joining the committee please complete the slip below and return it to the school office.
Isabella Davies - Chair Heene Helping Hands